Shepherd's Arms Articles of Faith
We believe in one God creator and sustainer of all things infinitely perfect and eternally co-existing in three persons, namely the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
We believe the Scriptures both Old and New Testaments are the inspired, inerrant, infallible Word of God, the revelation of His will for the salvation of human beings and the final authority for all matters about which it speaks.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in HIs miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God, and that repentance is commanded of God for all and necessary for forgiveness of sins.
- We believe that justification, regeneration, and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit that He is the agent of regeneration and renewal for believers in Jesus Christ, that He makes the presence of Jesus Christ real in believers, and that He comforts, teaches, guides, convicts and enables believers to live a holy life.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection; in eternal life for the righteous and eternal punishment for the wicked.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.